Attempting to set up Filezilla

Reaction score
I selected Filezilla Client because I've used it on my PC. It was reliable and I was familiar with it.

I've tried setting up my first site in the site manager but I can not get a connection. The error:
530 Login authentication failed
Critical error
Could not connect to server

I've double checked the user name and password on my PC for the same site and that is not the problem. Is there a firewall in my Macbook Pro OS X that I need to do something differently than I have in the past with my PC?

Thanks for any guidance!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! After a lengthy time on the phone this weekend, it was finally determined that the host had modified their password requirements to access their server and my old password (which apparently was grandfathered in on my PC and still working) was no longer meeting the new requirements. After adding another couple digits and adding a number in the mix, it now works. Of course now I had to edit the new password information on my PC to match but that was no problem.

I was pretty close to trying a new ftp app but I avoided it because I have my hands full just trying to learn to use my new Mac without having to learn a lot of new apps at the same time.

Thanks Again!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Ahh good, glad you got it sorted out..it's interesting that if your password was grandfathered in, it wouldn't work from the Mac, since you were using the same credentials..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.