Library Software to manage eBooks and Printed Books

Reaction score
Need some direction and support from fellow Mac Forum members.

I am looking for a library software with following functionality in one software:

1. Ability to scan the entire book in PDF or eBook format ( i would like scan out of print old books for future reading)
2. Ability to categorize book information from various websites (Amazon, Library of Congress)
3. Ability to search book by title, ISBN, author, etc.
4. Ability to print the label for books

I have looked at Delicious Library software, however it does not have the futures that I am looking for. Look forward for your feedback.

Sat

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Don't have any suggestions for you regarding an all in one library software package, but just wanted to mention something about your #1....

Be aware of copyright when scanning an entire book, even those which are out of print. In most cases unless otherwise stated, you would need permission from the copyright holder first.

OP
S
Reaction score
I will be scanning the books which are in public domain and have been made free of copyright by publishers.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I don't believe there is any single piece of software that is going to do all of those items.

There is no cataloging or database software I've ever seen that has scanning software built in.
The scanning at least is going to be done separately from any catalogue software.

Not sure what you mean by categorizing info from websites. If you mean reading the book databases kept by those websites and providing you local access for searching their databases - doubt it.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Not totally sure I understand what the OP wants. My first reaction was to suggestion they join Project Gutenberg, as that is what they do. But, for my own needs the combination of Calibre for cataloging and converting digital files and iBooks works great. Calibre will let you set up a file server to pass your eBooks to almost any eReader of choice.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I will look into Calibre software. Meantime continue to post suggestions.

C

chas_m

If these are public domain books, why not take the suggestion to join Project Gutenberg? I should think most of your books have already been done by them, so why reinvent the wheel?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.