passwords

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm rather disorganised. My iMac (a Power PP aged 10 years plus). I managed to update this to OS 10.5 -Leopard recently. Stupidly I did not record the new password. Now I want to use an Epson printer driver which I've down loaded but need the password. Any tips for sorting this out??:Grimmace::Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can boot from your install DVD by holding down the C key on restart with the disk in

Start going through the restore process until you can see a Utilities menu in the top menu bar, there should be a reset password option under the utilities menu

OP
W
Reaction score
password

Thanks for your advice! I was worried because the procedure seemed very long winded and took a long time. Also I couldn't find the utilities where you said. However after it restarted I went to system prefs and found security which stated that the master password had not been set. So I did. Hope this was the right thing to do! Any way gratitude is in order!!
Julian Wimpenny:D:D

OP
W
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. I've changed the master password but still cannot provide a password for downloading Epson drivers.....! I've tried all my usual culprits but no joy. Is there any other way??
JW

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
"Downloading" or "Installing"?

There would be no password required after an install in order to "download" anything.
If the Epson site is asking for a password in order to download the drivers, that would be a password for Epson and not have anything to do with a password on your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.