SCSI adapter for G4

Reaction score
Hello,

If anyone can help me with this issue I will be greatly appreciative.

I have the following SCSI board in my G4 400 MHz:

ATTO Apple PCI-X SCSI-U160 Controller 630-4368

I need to connect a Polaroid PrintScan 45i film scanner. The instructions for the scanner indicate that the two connections are SCSI 25 and 50.

I have tried to research this but cannot find the answer.

I need either an external adapter cable or an adapter.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Rick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I need to connect a Polaroid PrintScan 45i film scanner. The instructions for the scanner indicate that the two connections are SCSI 25 and 50.

That sounds like they're referring to either a DB 25 or DB 50 pin SCSI connector. I know that Adaptec made both at one time for PC use but where you would get something like that for your G4, I have no idea. What kind of connector does your SCSI card have?

Try going to Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad to see if they have anything like that. Also, try HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!.

OP
R
Reaction score
That sounds like they're referring to either a DB 25 or DB 50 pin SCSI connector. I know that Adaptec made both at one time for PC use but where you would get something like that for your G4, I have no idea. What kind of connector does your SCSI card have?

Try going to Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad to see if they have anything like that. Also, try HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!.

The ATTO card has a U-160 (SCSI 3?) connector.

Thanks,

Rick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.