Wireless printing.

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to print from my Macbook pro to a windows machine which is connected with a wire to a canon printer. I have the driver, and printer sharing is on, on both machines but I still can't print wirelessly. It just says they the printer is offline.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which Canon printer do you have and is it wireless capable? Also some specs about which MacBook Pro you have and version of OS X you're running?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So the Canon printer is visible on the network from the Mac when you added it? Also, does it really have to be connected to the Windows machine or can the printer be connected to the Mac and shared to the Windows PC?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
I have the latest 15 inch macbook pro with OSX 10.8.3. I needs to be connected to the windows machine because I use my laptop around the house, so then printing from the windows machine would mean that the mac would need to be plugged in.

Thanks for your help so far.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Thanks for your replies.
I have the latest 15 inch macbook pro with OSX 10.8.3. I needs to be connected to the windows machine because I use my laptop around the house, so then printing from the windows machine would mean that the mac would need to be plugged in.

Thanks for your help so far.

What's the exact model of the Printer? Need to see if it has wireless printing capabilities. If not then you would need to hook it up to something like an Airport Express, Airport Extreme or Time Capsule to share it with your current network.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
According to the Canon specs, that printer is not wireless capable and the drivers for it are limited to Leopard - Lion. Nothing that I could find for Mountain Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.