RAM upgrade for Macbook Pro

Reaction score
My system is getting bogged down despite not actually having many things running. So I have decided to upgrade from 4GB (2 x 2GB) to 8GB (2 x 4GB) of RAM.

Here are the specs of my machine:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2009) and (15-inch, 2.53 GHz, Mid 2009) - Technical Specifications

What I would like help with is finding a place to purchase the new RAM. My instinct is to go to newegg.com or something like that but I have read it is easy to get the wrong RAM for MBP. If anyone knows exactly which type I need and any recommended brand or site to purchase it, then I'd appreciate it. I feel confident I can install it myself, but I want to make sure I purchase the right stuff. Thanks for the help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your machine memory specs:

Maximum Memory 8.0 GB
Memory Slots 2 - 204-pin PC3-8500 (1066 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM

Buy your memory from either crucial.com or Other World Computing. Those are the two suppliers we recommend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.