How to delete things off calendar

Reaction score
Greetings ;

Lately in the past 3 days I have been getting some email that I have no idea what it is for. Fortunately ( I think ) , I use the mail that came on my macbook pro. I have 3 email accounts and all come through the mac mail version 5.3 . Well when I find mail that I did not ask for or I know nothing about I use the message tab and click Mark as junk mail.
I think that is ok to do but I really got alarmed when on my calendar I seen there was a
( " Skype Officer Meeting " ) scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of each month. I know nothing of that and as a matter of fact I do not even use Skype . Since I can not delete the events on my calendar can I back my computer up a few days and hopefully it will erase them?
Please help ?I do not know how else to get rid of stuff like that on my Mac. Also I believe someone else has recently gotten an email address simular to mine and sometimes I have gotten mail addressed to my address but the greeting was to someone else.
Can you please tell me how to back my Mac up a few days. I hope that will get rid of a new entry that appeared on my calendar.

Thanks;
fredconk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You normally just select the event in the calendar and press the Delete key. Did this not work for you?

Events are sometimes added automatically if you have a Gmail account and you're part of a group. Do you use Gmail or Google Docs or share a Google Calendar with anyone? It could be a group you became part of a long time ago.

OP
F
Reaction score
Yes I do have 2 other gmail accounts. I am no member of any group though. Although it does bring to mind that just last evening I had posted a link for someone to receive prayer. After I posted that it does seem like in a flash there was a column and I remember clicking on it but I thought it was in order to post the request. Thank you that IS most likely where it came from. I do usually try to keep to myself usually because I do not want to get too well known out in cyber space just for the reason that I do not know who all can get my info. Well thanks again , that is most likely where it all came from.

OP
F
Reaction score
WOW that did work ,,,, About highliting the event I want and press the delete button. It worked fine thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Glad to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.