forgotten password

Reaction score
HI,

I have not used my MAc ID password in so long that I have forgotten it. I thought that, in the past when this happened, that after three wrongs tries I received a hint, in order to jog my memory. That is not happening. Can someone tell me the process that will enable me to start over with a new password.
I was trying to download an update of Adobe and could't [can't do it] as I can't gain access without the password. It also seems [maybe just coincidence] that now when I go to well know/safe websites I will see a message that a plug in is blocked. Is there some connection here.

Help! And thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you mean the login password, do you have a restore disk for that mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can boot from your restore DVD by holding down the C key on restart with the disk in

Start going through the restore process until you can see a Utilities menu in the top menu bar, there should be a reset password option under the utilities menu

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.