• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

No mamber image upload

S

Steve1

I am trying to add an image to my profile. For every image I try I get the following error message when I try to 'Save Changes'.
'There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully'.
On the previous page I get: The 'This is your new image' with the image I chose.

Reaction score
Try turning the firewall out if you have one. What system are you running ?

Is the picture the correct size ?

'Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).'

OP
S

Steve1

The image is 100 x 35
I really do not feel too good about turning off my firewall and leaving my system open just to upload an image.

System; Win xp, Opera 8.0

Reaction score
The chance that someone will take that moment to hack into your computer are minimal, so long as you turn the firewall back on afterwards you should be ok.

Is the image size under 64 KB ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.