Apple username problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username.
BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it.
Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates.
How do I change this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

I changed my internet provider and was able to change my Apple /Icloud/Itunes username. BUT on my updates my OLD username is there on both my IMAC and laptop and I cannot change it. Like I said I can log in to any other Apple application/website, just not do any updates. How do I change this?

I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not a "Community Suggestion or Feedback". Moved here to the proper forum. Please observe our forum descriptions.

I'm assuming you're referring to your Apple ID, the one that is used when you access the Mac App Store and make purchases or download updates? Information and account options can be found here.

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID. You can however, change your password, credit card info, etc. Also, why did you make the above changes when you changed Internet Providers? It shouldn't have been necessary.

First sorry I posted it in the wrong area.
Second, my username was my OLD e-mail address tied to my provider,so I had to change it.

The changed worked for everywhere else BUT NOT for my updates that come in automatically.
Thanks for your reply anyway.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Just as a quick hint.... you can't change your Apple ID.

Yes you can, see here
Apple ID: Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

It just does not change it when it asks me to log in to do updates.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Note what the article states:

Note: If your Apple ID and your primary email address are currently the same, changing the primary email address will also change your Apple ID. If your Apple ID and your primary email address are different, changing your primary email address will not change your Apple ID.

Thanks I figured it out how to do it after about 4 hours of trying everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.