Audio books to iPod

Reaction score
I have several audio books on my hard drive that I would like to load to my G4 iPod 20GB. They are in directories and in chapters that are mp3s. How can I export them to the iPod as playlists so I can keep the chapters together.

I haven't tried this before - I've only ripped my CDs. I seem to be able to only copy one file at a time. There must be an easier way :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All you have to do is load the files onto the iPod, then use iTunes to create the playlists for the iPod.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi

How do I get them to the iPod? I have the iPod configured as disk. I have not had the iPod or the Mac very long, so I'm working from a lack of in depth knowledge of either. All I have done to date is rip a couple of CDs to the iPod through iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Once you connect your iPod, it should show up in iTunes. All you have to do to transfer the files is just drag them over to the iPod icon in the iTunes sidebar.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that - as soon as the "Do not disconnect" thingo stops.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what you need to do is drag the actual music files into the itunes window, and let go of it right in the middle. Go to the section named library and then take those files and create a new playlist, theres a little "+" button on the bottom of itunes. Drag the music files into this. Then just plug in your ipod.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks MacAttack - that worked well :)

I'll get the hang of this stuff soon. Too many years of PCs!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
And if you are looking for new audiobooks, you can head to your local library and get some more food for your iPod.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.