Mid 2010 mac book starting issue

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum and at a loss as to what to do other than take it to apple and pay....

Basically when my MacBook starts, it loads up fine for less than a minute to the home screen then the home screen/desktop refreshes endlessly so I can't actually do anything at all. It start in safe mode okay. I've verified disk permissions but there are always permissions that need to be repaired and they always come back, and on one occasion the disk had to be repaired after I verified disk. Though it is fine since. I have reinstalled osx using shift +R and it is no better.

Thanks in advance,

Regards
Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
FIrst, reset the pram/smc About NVRAM and PRAM

Second, run the Apple Hardware Test (hold on startup) and see if that reports issues.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your advice, I did both of those things and the test results were no trouble found...

Still at a loss...

I must have changed something on safe mode that ie I've passworded my user account, so when it starts up and refreshes it goes straight back to logon screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.