Bootcamp gets disconnected from Internet

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else was faced with this problem, but when I restart the computer to use windows, i get a small problem. I use windows for about an hour, then suddenly I get disconnected from the internet and the computer won't connect again until I restart the computer or put it on sleep and turn it back on.

The weird thing is it only does that once. Once I restarted the computer once, then I can keep using the internet for as long as I want and never face the problem again until the computer is either shut down or restarted.

I don't exactly understand what's going on, but the only thing I was able to do is to get rid of the problem is just put the computer to sleep the minute i use bootcamp and and turn it back on.

Does anybody know a permanent solution for this problem? Thank you in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That certainly is unusual. I'm assuming that you don't have the same problem when using OS X? Because that would eliminate any problems with your connection or airport.

Again, I'm assuming this is with your wireless connection? If that's so, try attaching a cable from your router modem to your Mac to see if the same thing occurs. Let us know.

Also, it's important when you ask a question on a forum that you provide as much information as you can that is important to the problem. As you can see above, I've had to make several assumptions of conditions that may or may not be true.

OP
S
Reaction score
That certainly is unusual. I'm assuming that you don't have the same problem when using OS X? Because that would eliminate any problems with your connection or airport.

Yes that is correct. I never had this problem using OS X

Again, I'm assuming this is with your wireless connection? If that's so, try attaching a cable from your router modem to your Mac to see if the same thing occurs. Let us know.

It happens with both wired and wireless. I tried both and was faced with the same problem using both.

Also, it's important when you ask a question on a forum that you provide as much information as you can that is important to the problem. As you can see above, I've had to make several assumptions of conditions that may or may not be true.

Yeah sorry, somethings just don't come to mind. Thanks for the tip.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It happens with both wired and wireless. I tried both and was faced with the same problem using both.

Then that points to a problem with the Windows driver or possibly the power settings in Windows. You didn't say which version of Windows you're using but take a look at updating the airport driver for Windows. You can only do that by using the Control Panel Boot Camp application and checking for updates. If there is a more recent version of Boot Camp that's applicable for your Mac, it will be downloaded from Apple and installed through Windows.

I doubt if the power saving settings in Windows have anything to do with the problem, but check them anyway to make sure they're correct.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.