question regarding iPhone app

Reaction score
i am new to ios development so far i am in the learning process i want to develop a app which is web related. i dont know how to proceed next so any one know the solution please help me

Description : in my app i just want to get input from user and i need to pass the input to specific web page and i should retrieve the related content from the web page.

example: if i give input as "London" the input should search related contents in wikipedia site , which consist of key word "london" and show the retrieved contents

i dont know what language & algorithm to use for searching a content from web

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

There are a lot of things in play in what you want to do. For starters, if you want to use Wikipedia as your source for information, then you should check out their API page that explains the syntax and format. All WebAPI usually use JSON/XML so you'll need to integrate a XML parser in your application to go through the results and display that in useful form.

As to how to display the information, there are many iOS controls for that, so as you learn more about iOS you will decide what works best for your information..

Being new to iOS development, you should first read up on Objective-C and a book on iOS SDK and then start work on your app..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.