Is there a chance I could be banned or something for this ?? Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '06 Macbook, 4gb RAM, OS X 10.8.3 Hacked onto, running smooth as any mac !
I signed up for MacRumors a while ago, and I didn't read the Terms of Service really... ( lets be honest, who does? ) and I tried posting a software link that I had discovered, only to find out that it was in violation of their terms, resulting in a permanent IP ban.

The software ( which I will not post unless given the green light ) allows older Intel-Based macs to boot it from a CD, and change the serial number. This was very helpful to me, because when I had my macbook sent in for a logic board repair, it came back with no system SSN. So I entered in my SSN, and there it was !

IF I post a thread about it here including a link, might there be a chance I could be banned or suspended ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If I were you I would steer clear and move on to the next topic.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No need for the link, if you could find this software with a targeted search through Google, Yahoo or Bing, than others who need to do the same will find it.

As suggested my member "JohnCL", move on to the next topic..

Closing thread to avoid giving anyone an opportunity to get themselves banned..:)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And just to be clear - a new member registering to any "well run" forum who then proceeds to immediately start posting links to some software, hardware, particular store, video, etc...

will find themselves banned and the post removed.

This is what we call spam and it's not permitted with most forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.