Any other Illustrator / Photoshop users out there?

Reaction score
We use both in our day to day operations and just moved over to a Mac in the last 3 days. The experience so far has been a good one for us. I'm waiting on 2 - 1 gig mem chips to come in and then it should be REALLY nice.

Things are a little slow to start up but once up and going we never have a problem. Running both on a Mac seems so much more stable than on the PC. On the PC we would saver work several times during the process because you never know when it's going to die on you. The Mac has been good to us though.

Any similar experiences?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I own a mac and a pc. I do work on both, but I favor my mac the most. It will still be a good habit to save work periodically when using a mac. Sometimes programs have a tendency to quit unexpectedly.
Enjoy using the mac, it makes things easier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Maul said:
It will still be a good habit to save work periodically when using a mac. Sometimes programs have a tendency to quit unexpectedly.
Enjoy using the mac, it makes things easier.

I second that - your mac will be fine but apps will quit sometimes. I've lost hours of Photoshop work by not saving. :( I save like mad now.

OP
PromoPunch
Reaction score
Funny story.... i was in the middle of reading this thread and my brand new iMac Intel Duo just instantly restarts on its own. Killed every program that was running on it :(

I had a bad feeling in my gut when they told me it had an intel. I was trying to avoid all things related to a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PromoPunch said:
Funny story.... i was in the middle of reading this thread and my brand new iMac Intel Duo just instantly restarts on its own. Killed every program that was running on it :(

I had a bad feeling in my gut when they told me it had an intel. I was trying to avoid all things related to a PC.

Revision 1 hardware = :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PromoPunch said:
We use both in our day to day operations and just moved over to a Mac in the last 3 days. The experience so far has been a good one for us. I'm waiting on 2 - 1 gig mem chips to come in and then it should be REALLY nice.

Things are a little slow to start up but once up and going we never have a problem. Running both on a Mac seems so much more stable than on the PC. On the PC we would saver work several times during the process because you never know when it's going to die on you. The Mac has been good to us though.

Any similar experiences?

Yeah, give your Mac all the ram you can afford. I've found things generally to be more stable on Macs than PCs. PCs can be pretty stable, but it requires a lot more work on the user's part to get it that way. After doing a fresh install of Windows XP, I follow this weekly routine:

Monday: Adaware, update and scan
Tuesday: Spybot, update and scan
Wednesday: AVG Anti-virus, update and scan
Thursday: Windows update
Friday: Disk Cleanup & Disk Defragmenter

As long as you avoid P2P programs and other junk like that, and run that maintenance, your PC will be a pretty good system. On the other hand, you could just boot up your Mac and, well, use it ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.