• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's your favorite beers of all time?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I thought this was about beer ! :)
Living in " Beer " country myself, Chimay, Orval, Maredsous are a couple of my favourites.

Difficult to decide with more than 200 local beers to choose from. :)

Cheers ... McBie
The Dutchman in me wants to inform you that you live next door to beer country. It's ok, we all make mistakes. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
:)
I think we have to agree to disagree.
The Dutch always confuse pils with beer.....but they are much better than us in selling their point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I am more of an ale man, so Bishops Finger, Spitfire and London pride are staples, along with the occasional Guinness.

But I must say that since the recent influx of Poles to the area I have tried a few Polish beers, and must say that Tyskie is a great tasting Polish lager, miles apart from the more insipid British largers, and the rather dull Stellar Artois.

I would recommend Polish beers to anyone, don't be put off by the fact it is fairly cheap.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think we have to agree to disagree.
The Dutch always confuse pils with beer.....but they are much better than us in selling their point.
I don't actually care - most beers coming out of Europe are pretty decent. :)

I would recommend Polish beers to anyone, don't be put off by the fact it is fairly cheap.
The word cheap was supposed to dissuade me in the first place? ;)

Reaction score
I thought this was about beer ! :)
Living in " Beer " country myself, Chimay, Orval, Maredsous are a couple of my favourites.

Difficult to decide with more than 200 local beers to choose from. :)

Cheers ... McBie

This is my least favorite beer..

I'm not a fan of Belgian or French beers.

Reaction score
Here, I just order 'pils', 'weiße', 'schwarzbier', etc.. I get whatever is poured most that way ;)

viele Grüße aus Mainz

My problem is I work in Stuttgart, and Schwäbisch beer is hard to get to know, it's taken me 3+ years to get familiar. My wife is Frankonian so my first beers after moving here were Frankish so that is the standard I use to judge, rightly or wrongly. Schwäbisch and Frankonian beers couldn't be more different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
My problem is I work in Stuttgart, and Schwäbisch beer is hard to get to know, it's taken me 3+ years to get familiar. My wife is Frankonian so my first beers after moving here were Frankish so that is the standard I use to judge, rightly or wrongly. Schwäbisch and Frankonian beers couldn't be more different.

I believe it! Of course, I used to live in Augsburg ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
For me, not a big drinker now, only when i find beer worth knocking back, but when i was working in Deutschland i rather liked the Beer that came from the East, Bavaria area. Every Village had their own Brewery, or close enough.
I did stay in a little village called Schwabmünchen which was 50-60kms West of Munich and use to eat in this restaurant there that to this day had the best food i have ever eaten. Swordfish was to die for, followed by Calzone, but i was introduced to a beer called Franziskaner Weissbier and Ohhhhh how i miss it.

Was sweet, hoppy and when pouring the bottle into the glass, getting down to the last inch, with all the sediment, you swirled it around in the bottle and literally through it into the glass where is mixed with the beer in there, giving a good head, and making it this golden cloudy god given nectar …….. Im salivating thinking about it, and i have to this day, not found anything remotely like it :(

I will drink any Weissbier now though. Its got me hooked

Reaction score
For me, not a big drinker now, only when i find beer worth knocking back, but when i was working in Deutschland i rather liked the Beer that came from the East, Bavaria area. Every Village had their own Brewery, or close enough.
I did stay in a little village called Schwabmünchen which was 50-60kms West of Munich and use to eat in this restaurant there that to this day had the best food i have ever eaten. Swordfish was to die for, followed by Calzone, but i was introduced to a beer called Franziskaner Weissbier and Ohhhhh how i miss it.

Was sweet, hoppy and when pouring the bottle into the glass, getting down to the last inch, with all the sediment, you swirled it around in the bottle and literally through it into the glass where is mixed with the beer in there, giving a good head, and making it this golden cloudy god given nectar …….. Im salivating thinking about it, and i have to this day, not found anything remotely like it :(

I will drink any Weissbier now though. Its got me hooked

I agree Franziskaner is good stuff.

Reaction score
I agree Franziskaner is good stuff.

I agree, Franziskaner is good. I also like Spaten (from Munchen), or any good German or Japanese dark beer. Most American beers look like watered-down deer urine, and many taste like what I would imagine deer urine to taste like. The only American beer I like is Samuel Adams, specifically their Winter Lager and their Oktoberfest beers. But nothing beats a good German beer!

Deutschland hat am besten Bier!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Less filling . . . :Angry-Tongue:

O:)

Reaction score
I agree, Franziskaner is good. I also like Spaten (from Munchen), or any good German or Japanese dark beer. Most American beers look like watered-down deer urine, and many taste like what I would imagine deer urine to taste like. The only American beer I like is Samuel Adams, specifically their Winter Lager and their Oktoberfest beers. But nothing beats a good German beer!

Deutschland hat am besten Bier!

Relative to what? Mass produced American beer?

Germans make some great beer, but so do Americans, Brits, Turks, Moroccans, Italians etc.

For mass produced German beer I don'r care much for Spaten, but I do like Paulaner. I like Bitburger but not Warsteiner, or Krombacher. I tend to like English darks over German darks the exception being Winker Bräu Bock.

The only thing I like without exception is political punk, and Nietzsche. I'd argue that Nietzsche is political punk to the mid to late 1800's

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
. . . Tastes great! :Angry:

To those of you under forty my last two posts (and perhaps most of my posts) won't mean a thing. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
. . . Tastes great! :Angry:

To those of you under forty or from Australia my last two posts (and perhaps most of my posts) won't mean a thing. :)

There fixed it for you :p

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There fixed it for you :p

You are, of course, correct. I tend to forget that commercials aren't universal. I never realized till toward the end that the I'm a Mac commercials were different around the world.

Anyway, Brent my good friend, can't say you really missed all that much by getting a pass on the Less filling/Tastes Great commercials.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.