I have to repair permissions ever time I use library internet

Reaction score
Hi, I have to repair permissions every time I want to log into the library internet. The permission I have to repair is alf.plist should be 80 group is 0. After repairing this the internet works. However it takes 12 minutes to run verify and repair permissions. Is there a way to fix this permanently? I did move some files around because the library did have some instructions that didnt work. I dont know if that made a difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just ignore it. Snow Leopard and earlier were very slow doing permission repairs. There are two Library folders ~ which ones did you go into and move?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448

OP
M
Reaction score
They gave me an instruction list that was supposed to clear my permission list so it would reinstall. It wasnt working before I messed with it. I probably moved and put back the files when it didnt work. I vaguely remember zipping them too. At any rate it worked today. Lets see how long it works. It doesnt mess up anywhere else other than the public library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.