make group email on iMac

Reaction score
I need to send the same message to everyone in a club of about 90 members. How can I make an email group? Regards, Minnie

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
it's pretty easy to do this. It took me a while to figure this out though because it is a little counter intuitive.

1. Open Contacts / Address Group
2, Choose New Group from the File menu (Shift, Command, N). Give the group a name you will remember.
3. Enter the names an e-mail addresses for the people you want to send messages.
4. Launch Mail and compose the message. In the To field enter the name of the group you created. Press Send.

If your ISP has a limit on the number of e-mails that can be sent at one time you may need to split the group a few smaller ones.

OP
M
Reaction score
Oh wow, that sounds really easy. I'll make a small test group first and take it from there. Thanks ever so much. Regards, Minnie

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It is pretty easy. I had been using Mail for quite a while before I started doing that. I have not used that trick in quite a while but it should still work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Oh wow, that sounds really easy.

Only easy if you already have those names and addresses listed in your contacts app. Otherwise that's a lot of typing to do. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.