Managing Files on Camera After iPhoto Import

Reaction score
Hi Guys:

I did a little searching but didn't find my answer, so I decided to create an account and ask. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'm kind of new to Macs...

I have been uploading photos from my camera to iPhoto for some time. I always say not to delete the photos from the camera because my wife like to have some handy on the camera to show friends when she's out and about.

Now that I want to prune some of the uploaded pictures from my camera, I can't seem to find a way to use either iPhoto or Finder to choose and delete specific photos from the camera's memory.

Is there as way to use my MB Pro to manage/delete selected files on my camera?

Thanks!

Bytorok

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wonder if Image Capture will work. Going to try it and will report back. It might also depend on the camera. What Camera Brand and Model are you using?

Using an HP here and in Image Capture it mounts and all the pics show and there is a little button in the bar at the bottom with Red Circle with diagonal line through it. Mark the pics you want gone and press that button. It will confirm before deleting. If your camera does not show up there let us know.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's a Nikon Coolpix AW100.

Thanks!

I updated my post. It does work here on my HP and Canon. Read my other post and I tell how it works.

Screen Shot 2013-04-21 at 10.46.15 AM.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad I could help. I hate deleting on the camera itself as with smaller cameras it's a pain sometimes so found a way that worked for me. Glad I did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.