Cancelled Trash Empty - IS there a way to tell if it worked?Recovering emptied trash?

Reaction score
Oh boy!
Cancelled Trash Empty - Is there a way to tell if it worked? Recovering emptied trash?

Used empty trash ___>
I realized I was deleting a folder that should not have been in trash bin.
As it started to delete, I cancelled the process, but I heard the crinkle sound.
Is there a way to to tell if anything got deleted?
There were a lot of files so I can't be sure.
Is there a way to recover or see what was deleted?

This computer is a mess!! Darn kids!! lol :)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The only way is to click on the Trash icon in your Dock which will open the Trash window and there you will see if any or all the files were deleted.
Quick reference, look at the trash icon and if it looks like it has paper in the basket then there is still files in the Trash.

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Open your time Machine backup to a time prior to the deletion and recover any deleted files from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If you don't have a backup you can still get the files back, but it can be expensive. You would need additional software, and to stop using your computer immediately. Continued use could overwrite the deleted files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.