Data Recovery Help

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone please tell me how to recover a deleted photo booth video, it was deleted about a month ago from the photo booth app. Tho i had copied it to the desktop before deleting, but accidentally my nephew deleted it from the desktop. It was a video of him and my girlfriend playing with balloons etc, cute stuff!
Please guide me on how to retrieve the deleted video.

Many Thanks
D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Anything that was deleted a month ago has likely been already overwritten by the system and will be almost impossible to recover. Most data recovery software is expensive so you would want to give a trial copy a shot first to see if it can recover anything. Here are two of the best:

Scannerz

Data Rescue 3

C

chas_m

Tho i had copied it to the desktop before deleting, but accidentally my nephew deleted it from the desktop.

This part of your post suggests that the deletion of the desktop copy only happened very recently. Is that the case?

If so, simply open Time Machine from the Finder and navigate back through your backups to retrieve the file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.