How to stop multiple numbers files open at once.

Reaction score
I've just given my old MacBook to my mum and she now has a problem which I never had; which is that: when she opens a numbers file (by double clicking) it opens about 15 other files. I've never had this problem with it when I had it so I don't know how to resolve it for her. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Does this happen with any Numbers file she tries to open?

Is there any relation between the one she wants to open and the others that open against her wishes? For instance, are they all located in the same folder?

Have you witnessed this, or is she just reporting the behavior to you?

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, It happens with all of them on the Desktop (I'm not sure about any else). They're all on the desktop, with no other relation.
She showed me yesterday: she double clicked on one and lots opened and then some opened in their own desktops.

Thanks for your reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just asking, but are you sure that all the files on the Desktop where not slected/highlighted ?? You can select every file on the desktop then go and play in Finder or anywhere for that matter and the highlighted files on the desktop will still be selected but grey and not noticeable so when you double click one ALL will open. Its a possibility and its the only way i can duplicate the scenario.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
That's exactly what I was thinking, and is the only way this SHOULD happen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.