iPhoto to Email

Reaction score
Don't know if the following is possible...
iPhoto>Slide Show>Settings>Transition>Mosaic Flip>Play...it works.
Select Email>Send to myself the jpegs come up but there is no transition.

Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics), 400 MHz, Memory 1.38GB SDRAM, OS 10.4.11 and OS 9.2.1
Machine Model: PowerMac3,1, LaCie 500GB D2 Quadra V2 7200 HDD/B-ZML.
Photoshop CS and Photoshop 7.0. iPhoto 4.0.3

C

chas_m

You need to export the slideshow you have created as a movie file. Once that's done, you can then attach the movie file to an email (caution: movie files tend to be too large to practically send in emails).

A better idea would be to make the movie file, then put it in Dropbox or something like that and share the URL in email.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for responding...it is very much appreciated.

I took the easy way out... Microsoft Office X>Power Point.

Thank you again.

C

chas_m

I'm glad that worked for you, but bear in mind that relatively few people will be able to see your slideshow if you do it that way, as it requires the recipient to have MS Office in order to properly view the file. While a lot of PC people have this on their machines, relatively few Mac people do -- in essence you're creating a slideshow that it will cost someone up to $500 to have a look at. Just something to consider for future use.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for responding and your concern.
I apologize for this late response...things happen.

I emailed ahead to see if the individual could open MS Office>Power Point.
She could...I did.

Thank you again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
While a lot of PC people have this on their machines, relatively few Mac people do -- in essence you're creating a slideshow that it will cost someone up to $500 to have a look at. Just something to consider for future use.

This is not true. The Microsoft Powerpoint viewer is free and has always been free to download from MS. You do not need MS Office installed in order to view a Powerpoint slide show.

C

chas_m

This is not true. The Microsoft Powerpoint viewer is free and has always been free to download from MS. You do not need MS Office installed in order to view a Powerpoint slide show.

Unless something has changed, MS dropped the PowerPoint viewer back when Macs went Intel. There's no current PP viewer for Macs that I'm aware of.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You may be right about it not working with Intel Macs - I will have to check that out to be sure although it was still working with Powerpoints from Office 2008. However, Mac Office is still not needed in order to view Powerpoint slides since pressing the space bar on a Powerpoint file allows it to be viewed. I just tested it with Powerpoints from both Office 2008 and 2011.

C

chas_m

You're right that QuickLook is sufficient for basic viewing, but it doesn't support the kind of animated slideshows with synced music etc that people tend to send each other in emails and so forth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.