RSS feeds?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to apple and I don't know what these RSS feeds are nor how they work... If someone could direct me to a place as to where I can learn that'd be great. Or if you feel like taking the time to explain that would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
That article was a little confusing. To put it simply, RSS (Really Simple Syndicate) is a newsfeed. You can use Safari or some other RSS client and subscribe to all of your favorite sites. If you navigate to them in Safari, you should see a blue "RSS" button in your address bar. If you, you can click it and view the sites RSS feeds.

Basically, RSS is a way for you to view information from many sources in one simple format. You don't have to naviage numerous websites, and it's extremely simple to switch from feed to feed.

If your interested in checking it out, NetNewsWire Lite is a great free client to subscribe to feeds. You can find it at www.versiontracker.com

Good luck!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.