Pages problem with tables

Reaction score
Hi - I am still a little new to Pages and am currently working on a document that has a table in it.
As the table has got bigger, it has moved on to the next page. This would be fine, but for some reason, instead of just splitting and moving on, it has repeated itself on the next page. I can't find out why it has done this? - Help!! :[

OP
F
Reaction score
Hi - I am still a little new to Pages and am currently working on a document that has a table in it.
As the table has got bigger, it has moved on to the next page. This would be fine, but for some reason, instead of just carrying on, on the next page - it is repeating itself from the beginning on the next page.....
Help!!..... please.....
I am trying to finish an assignment and it is holding me up with all the time I am spending on it.!
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look here.

It touches on the ways that tables act depending on how they're configured.

Once you've looked it over vs what you have post back with any questions.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks, I have looked through that... it seems when I select the table, it is inline not floating... I just can't seem to see what I need to do to stop it from repeating rather than carrying on, on the next page. If I try to delete the repeat, then it deletes the original as well.... aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!! :(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I went ahead and moved your thread to "OS X - Apps and Games", since it's related to an app and not "Community Suggestions & Feedback" (where you originally posted it).

Please be sure to check the forum descriptions to find the best place to post. By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And since you're a newbie..... Please do not cross post. Only post your question to one forum and continue with that same thread until all your questions have been satisfied. Posting the same question or subject to more than one forum only generates unnecessary replies and causes confusion. Thanks.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks chscag, all I am trying to get is a little help with what I am stuck on.... As a Newbie - I would have hoped to have a little more support with finding my way round the forum and getting some answers for my query - rather than being passed around and not actually getting anywhere.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We fully understand that it's difficult and sometimes confusing for a new forum member to find his/her way around. That's why we assisted you by moving and merging your posts rather than just let things be scattered about. No ping at you. It's a learning situation for you and helps you to understand how things are organized.

Now as to your initial posted question..... It looks like you still have the same problem even after member "mrplow" offered a solution. All I can suggest at this point is continue to monitor the thread. Hopefully you'll receive some more answers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Has the whole table repeated or just the header?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.