Slippery Feet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
hey everyone….been a while since i posted…& this is an odd one… but does anybody else who has a macbook pro retina notice that the black rubber feet are just not as functional as they should be? (mine is the feb 2013 model btw)

id also like to mention that i skipped thru the entire regular unibody line…so im not sure how good the feet on those were…

my last mac was the last pre unibody model… and the much smaller grey feet on that one seemed to provide way better traction…

just trying to find out if others feel this way or if mine is a rare case… thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, I just received a rMBP about 3 weeks ago, but have been mainly holding it on my lap in my den chair (on home Wi-Fi) - just tried sliding it on several surfaces (dinner table & cloth chair) - I agree that there is not much friction at all; I'm assuming that your concern is accidentally hitting it? Not much of a concern for me but some type of bottom cover might be a solution, if available? Don't know and have not checked - Dave :)

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
actually no… hahah… accidentally hitting it might become an issue…but my problem mainly occurs if i need to open it up with one hand… since im not holding it down ( & the hinge is still rather stiff) it just slides backwards half the time :)

it may also be helpful to know if this is only happening with the latest model rmbp or was it there in the original rmbp models as well. (or maybe even older models)

would appreciate you'll trying out if you don't use it with a case

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
actually no… hahah… accidentally hitting it might become an issue…but my problem mainly occurs if i need to open it up with one hand… since im not holding it down ( & the hinge is still rather stiff) it just slides backwards half the time :)

it may also be helpful to know if this is only happening with the latest model rmbp or was it there in the original rmbp models as well. (or maybe even older models)

would appreciate you'll trying out if you don't use it with a case

Hi again - well I did try to open the MBP w/ one hand on 3 different surfaces (glass coffee table, wood end table, & dining room table) - some spillage occurred in all circumstances - not easy to do; I would suggest using 2 hands - ;) Dave

OP
rohan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah…hahah…not easy at all… though i'm surprised not to find anyone else having any trouble with this… it isn't just while opening (which i now try to use 2 hands for as much as possible) even while typing my wrists seem to have better grip on the top surface than the feet do on the table! keeps shifting..
thanks for trying out though :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.