HD High Res 3D wallpaper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
Looking for some high quality HD 3D moving wallaper for my 27" iMac. There was this aquarium one that was popular a while back. Don't recall if it worked with Mac OS (I have the latest version of Mac OS 10.7.2). Any recommendations? Where would I find them?

Thanks.

C

chas_m

If you don't mind the incredible CPU suck as well as the heat and constant fan noise a video wallpaper will give you, check MacUpdate for wallpaper programs.

A few such things use a more clever device of just swapping out pictures periodically to simulate the passing of the day or to animate a clock face, like this one:

Wallpaper clocks · Vladstudio

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And just so you're aware, you're not close to having the latest version of the OS since 10.7 is up to 10.7.5 and is not even the current version of OS X which is now up to 10.8.3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
I actually used that site a few years back. Forgot about it. Like how it offered the screen res for my iMac. No need for cropping in iPhoto.

Great site! If you make a file of you favourites, in desktop setting you can set the background to change every so often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.