Dsik Utility/Disk Image Brief Tutorial Requested

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Hi All . . . I have used the SEARCH function with no luck. I need to burn copies of a "homemade" DVD. The DVD plays fine and is not copy protected. I tried to use Disk Utility to create a Disk Image to burn DVD copies. All I did was make a mess and I don't even know where the Disk Image (if it was created) is now. I also used the HELP feature in Disk Utility which made it sound so simple. My computer ran for a long, long time and I thought it was working. Then it just stopped with no further instructions or messages. Would someone please give me a quick tutorial on Disk Images and burning DVDs? Where would the Disk Image created be found so I can delete it now? Thanks in advance . . . Brent "Dogbreath" Wilson

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe Toast Titanium will be your best shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Try Burn. Its free and should do what you want.
Burn - Home
Post back if you still have problems.

OP
Dogbreath
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Thank you both, harryb2448 and docx, for taking the time to reply. I had a copy of Titanium Toast 10 Pro from an earlier set up. I reloaded it and updated it. I wish I had taken the time to figure out how NOT to load the other apps on that disk...but I have them now. I like a neat, clean hdd without a bunch of small apps on there I will never use. ANYWAY, the Toast 10 worked well.
I can take my time now and learn about creating a disk image and using Disk Utility. I noticed Toast has a feature which allows one to create a disk image.

Again, thanks for your replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No problems. Don't worry about the other programs such as Disc Cover etc. if you do not activate them they do not take up a great deal of room on the hard drive and in the Toast folder ~ out of sight out of mind!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.