posted on Apple Community help forums, now deluged by unwanted e-mails

Reaction score
I posted on the official iTunes Store help forum and the system now sends me every single post to the iTunes Store. how can I stop this? I swear that I set my preferences so I would not get any more but that did not work.

(in the end I resorted to marking them as spam.)

also, could someone recommend a really good unofficial place to ask for advice with Apple products? here, perhaps? having a lot of problems with my MacBook and needing help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forums. . . . As to the problem, send them a email via their support and tell them of the problems, IF your 100% sure your preferences and notifications are set correctly . . . (I would go back and check and make sure NOT to receive emails for ANY thread. Unsubscribe to them all)

As for a good place to ask questions, i recommend here. I cam here 4 yrs ago new to the Apple world and haven't left. There is a wealth of knowledge here and you want be disappointed.

OP
R
Reaction score
thank you for the welcome.
Hi and welcome to the forums. . . . As to the problem, send them a email via their support and tell them of the problems, IF your 100% sure your preferences and notifications are set correctly . . . (I would go back and check and make sure NOT to receive emails for ANY thread. Unsubscribe to them all)
well I don't know about 100% sure that I unsubscribed but pretty sure. where the options said "receive e-mail if X" I changed it to "No" all down the line. it seems crazy, anyway, to me that just by posting a thread on the forum that I would then subscribe to every post made on that forum.

(I have posted on the official forum before and it never happened then.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That is the way Apple Discussions operates but usually only on the topic you have discussed. As far as your MB is concerned, advise the model and operating system and detail your problems. If you are experiencing kernel panic attacks asking to shut down and reboot in multiple languages, next time it happens go into Console and copy the log, pasting here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea do as Harry has suggested. Create a new Thread though in the appropriate Forum/Sub Forum and then paste the Link in this Thread so we (Harry and i) can find it and help out

Cheers

OP
R
Reaction score
That is the way Apple Discussions operates but usually only on the topic you have discussed. As far as your MB is concerned, advise the model and operating system and detail your problems. If you are experiencing kernel panic attacks asking to shut down and reboot in multiple languages, next time it happens go into Console and copy the log, pasting here.
hmm... did you mean to reply to someone else?

BTW, I know I did not exactly post on the appropriate sub-forum but I could not find the right one on the overall message board for an Apple Community problem.

(I did have some hardware problems recently but I had those taken of and just got the MB back from the Apple Store.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.