Lines on Screen

Reaction score
Hi! I have a late 2006 black MacBook 2,1 and whenever I boot up after a night of it being off, these lines appear on the screen. I can move the display back and forth and they'll move and some go away but I usually have to do that several times, lightly push one corner of the screen back and pull the other corner of the screen forward to get the to go away, sometimes i have to tap on the bezel around the screen and they'll go away, sometimes pushing down on the display will make then go away, and sometimes its just shear luck. Has anyone had this problem, heard of this problem, and more importantly know how to fix this problem? I'll take a couple of pictures when it happens. I know it's not the video card as the screen shots look normal. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 4.38.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 4.39.00 PM.png

IMG_20130415_164116.jpg

IMG_20130415_164128.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
A
Reaction score
Very likely a loose video cable or connector between the LCD and the logic board or the cable itself may be bad. Go to iFixit: The free repair manual, find your model number, and look at the take apart instructions. Video cables can be ordered from them or from Mac Repair - Mac Parts and Service for Apple Macbook, iPhone, iPad.

Hmm never thought about that..... I will open it up and see if that's the problem. How do I know if it is the cable?

I just finished trying this.... It helped a little thanks! Still not perfect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.