• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

OS X on my Toshiba

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob

I was able to get OS X running on my Toshiba. :)

applepentm2ut.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
Reaction score
Does everything work? From what I have heard, networking has some issues and so do many video adapters.

OP
R

Rob

Yeah, I am having trouble getting my wireless to work, but I have a compatible card somewhere around here, just gotta find it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
OMG! That is SO cool! I just recently built myself a PC (had to put Windows XP on it...
Oneye.png
) but now I am going to try to make another partition and run OS X "Tiger" and.."Amaze my friends" haha. Please if you could PM me/ post a guide as to how you achieved OS X to install/run on your Toshiba! Please help me and congrats again! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) Show us more pics so we know that is really your Toshiba and not a doctored photo.

2) Where did you "obtain" the copy of OSX for Intel? I assume it is a developer copy, as it is only 10.4.1. The shipping Intel version 10.4.4.

I'd like to see someone try the real version of OSX 10.4.4 on a PC and see what happens. We know the developer version had no DRM in them to tie them to the Apple hardware, so this is not too surprising.

Reaction score
baggss said:
I'd like to see someone try the real version of OSX 10.4.4 on a PC and see what happens. We know the developer version had no DRM in them to tie them to the Apple hardware, so this is not too surprising.

I don't think the real version will run because it doesn't have BIOS support like the developer version did. The Intel macs use EFI instead, which is the same thing that keeps Windows XP from being installed on them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Mac isn't planning on shelling out its beautiful operating system to pc users is it!?!?! because if they are wouldn't viruses and crap start become a part of the OS... Please tell me no :( .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Arichards said:
Mac isn't planning on shelling out its beautiful operating system to pc users is it!?!?! because if they are wouldn't viruses and crap start become a part of the OS... Please tell me no :( .

The OS is based off of Unix. There has only been one successful virus to ever hit Unix-based OS'.

It was created in 1988.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I thought discussion of piracy and cracking were forbidden on these forums....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
technologist said:
I thought discussion of piracy and cracking were forbidden on these forums....

Yes, I do believe this would be an illegal thread to be discussing..but I think ther reason they have not closed the thread is that they are not discussing how to do it, just that it was done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I think what we would want to talk about here is the plain result, not the how to get/install/hack/crack or whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
What about screenshots from the System Profiler?
Have you tried to run any benchmarc program? what is the score? My iBook gets over 90 using this program... can you run it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Rob said:
Like what?

a picture of the laptop with mac osx on it.. as opposed to a screen shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Can you try again after restarting the system and only running XBench? The CPU scores are high but i wonder where is the difference and which are the low scores... what kind of video does your laptop has? integrated, memory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
So your saying you have XP running on this computer as well?

-How come in your screen shot it says the disk titled XP says 77.96GB and no space free?
-Why does the name of your machine say "Mac" and not "toshiba" or something else.
-Why in your first screen shot doesn't it say "start up disk"
-Why in your first screen shot does it say "Intel Pentium... processor" and not "Processor"
-How can your toshiba accurately read the Power of the battery and give that information to the OS which is not native to that bat?
-Why in your second screen shot does the mouse no longer have a shadow on it?

I see many holes in your screen shots, and I can see this very easily spoofed. Until I see further proof, I say. Fake.

OP
R

Rob

Yes

1. Because it can't write to it.
2. Look at boot ROM
3. Because, the first screenshot was in VMWare.
4. Because, the first screenshot was in VMWare.
5. No idea.
6. There was no mouse in my first screenshot...

Like I said, tommorow I will have a shot with my digi cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.