MBA Storage

Reaction score
I need help! My MacBook (64 GB) is filling up storage too quickly. When I use Onyx or CC
to clean all I get is 2-3 GBs of free space and then two days later I have to clean again.

When I check the storage info, there is almost 50 GBs of storage being used for "Other".
My own folders and file, under Finder, only amount to a few hundred MBs of storage and the Apps are 4 GBs so I don't know what all the "Other" is?!

Could anyone recommend a cleaner, free or pay I don't care, that can find these "Other" folders and files that are not needed so I can delete them.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Daisy Disk is a paid app that will tell you where everything is. It will also let you delete files within the app.

What Size is a similar app, but is a little more expensive.

I use Daisy Disk and it works wonderfully.

G/L

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you using Time Machine for backups? If so are you sometimes disconnected from your backup drive? Time Machine has added a new "feature" for Lion and higher called local snapshots which may be the culprit.

Some disk utilities report the space used by these files and others do not because OS X will delete the backups if space is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.