How can I do this?

Reaction score
I have two email accounts set up in each and every device: an iMac, a MacBook Air, an iPad and an iPhone. By the time being, I'm manually disabling my work email account at weekends, and the task is just a pain.

I'm wondering whether it is possible or not to do this automatically.

Thanks so much from Spain

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums.

How are you disabling your work e-mail account and why? If don't want to read work e-mail on the weekend, then you can disable push and that way only when you open the Mail app will you download the e-mails and you can choose to ignore them until Monday?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks so much for answering.

If I am right, either disabling my work email account or just disabling push entails having to set up each and every device. In other words, disabling push will have me setting up my iMac, MacBook Air, iPad and iPhone one by one. Otherwise, the unset-up device will nag me at weekends. Besides, if I stop push, it will stop push from my personal account too. I've been fiddling with Mail preferences and it seems to me that stopping push will affect both my personal and my work accounts. That's a shame, because I am willing to being notified as soon as possible if a friend or a relative gets in touch.

The idea is to stop incoming emails/alerts from my work account in one single step so that none of my devices may shutter my well-earned weekend peace and still being notified if a message arrives to my personal account

I'm afraid it cannot be done....

Thanks again from Spain

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Well if you are fine setting Push only for your personal and leaving your work account alone since you'll be at work during the week anyway...

On iOS, Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Set Fetch New Data to Push, choose your interval and then click on Advanced, and then set your personal account to Push (or Fetch if Push isn't supported) and your work account to Manual.

The end result is that you will get your personal email updated on whatever interval you've chosen and work e-mail only gets updated when the Mail app is running..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.