Mac Life/World Magazine App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 10.2.1, 2015 MBP 16gb 1tb OSX 10.12.3
Can someone tell me how this is supposed to work? I signed up in March for a monthly subscription to both of these monthly magazines in March. Signed up thru the App Store. Downloaded both current issues, read them and then deleted them. They just looked like a magazine to me and I thought deleting each month as I read them would save space on my 16gb iPad. But I am waiting every day for the current April issue. I thought they would download into my Newstand automatically, but nothing yet. Did I do wrong by deleting my issue last month? Maybe that deleted the App?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, it doesn't delete your Newsstand app. I can't speak for MacLife but as for MacWorld... (I also subscribe) All you need to do is archive the current edition, go to the MacWorld selection and if the current issue (April or May) is posted it will be available for download to your iPad or iPhone.

Even if you delete the copies on your iPad or iPhone, you can always download them again without having to pay. BTW, my paper copy of MacWorld always arrives in the mail several weeks before it's available as a download from the App store.

OP
MacWannabeNTX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 10.2.1, 2015 MBP 16gb 1tb OSX 10.12.3
Thank you. So how does your latest issue come to you? I thought I would get some type of notice that the latest issue was ready to download.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
They do not automatically notify you that the new issue is ready for download. You have to access the App Store and check. I have a good idea when it's available only because I also receive the paper issue in the mail.

When you turn on your iPad, just go to updates. If the next issue is ready for you to download, it should show up as an update to the Newsstand. You can also do the same thing by opening iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on "apps". Updates will also show up there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.