"ebay'ing"

B

blokie

okay I was searching ebay for a powerbook. And apparently this guy is selling a new powerbook for 1500(cdn)bux. Now it seems too good to be true which means its not legit but on the other hand is that way too cheap to be true? it seems that they are all going for this price but then again my theory is anything over 50 bux is a scam? I'm skeptical of this but I really want a PB (new model) to hold me over til next august when they've worked out the bugs of the PBintel.

let me know your 0.02 :ninja:

Reaction score
$300 off retail(assuming you are looking at a 12in model) is what I could consider too good to be true, I would look elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
blokie said:
Now it seems too good to be true ...
You just answered your own question there....

....but I really want a PB (new model) to hold me over til next august when they've worked out the bugs of the PBintel.
Then if you really want that level of security in your purchase, I would suggest just buying it from Apple directly or looking at the Authorized resellers. eBay is NOT the place to be looking for a brand new PowerBook.

Reaction score
If you want to save money, check out apple refurbs. I have never heard of anyone that purchased one that wasn't satified, sometimes they come better equiped than advertised.

Reaction score
It all depends on the seller. Look at his feedback and see if he has any positives for from other people buying similar items. I got my new powerbook off ebay with no problems, and I saved about $150.

Reaction score
I've always been one to prefer buying things brand new rather than through an intermediary such as eBay. Ask yourself: If it's brand new, then why are they selling it?

Reaction score
djlee12 said:
I've always been one to prefer buying things brand new rather than through an intermediary such as eBay. Ask yourself: If it's brand new, then why are they selling it?

That doesn't make any sense. People sell things brand new on ebay all the time. Why? To make money. Many sellers have actual stores where they sell things at a discount in order to sell more items.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.