Finder preferences

Reaction score
Please somebody help me somehow under my finder picture I have my iPhoto library instead of the app how do I go back to the app. When I go to my applications this just a blank white square. I'm able to access all my photos under all my files at the top of Finder but under pictures all it has is an icon that says iPhoto library and photo booth library. I used to be able to go to pictures and then I would see all my pictures that were in iPhoto. Now all I see is 2 icons and that's it iPhoto library and photo booth
library. From what I have read your not supposed to be able to access your library's I'm not sure how I got that there Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
The iPhoto Library now appears as a package.

So folks just never grasped the way iPhoto managed pictures so in an effort to keep users from moving and renaming pictures, only to have iPhoto freak out, they have changed the way the iPhoto library appears in the Finder.

If you are managing your pictures with iPhoto you should do all your manipulation through iPhoto.

You can always drag pictures out of iPhoto if you need to for any reason. But if you must see them for what they are you can always right click the iPhoto library and "show package contents" to see the folder structure as it was in older versions of iPhoto. Just don't move anything or delete anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.