iPhone 5 grainy pictures

Reaction score
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. My photos always look a bit grainy. When I send them I always use the actual size and even when I just upload them from phone to iMac.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. My photos always look a bit grainy. When I send them I always use the actual size and even when I just upload them from phone to iMac.

Any suggestions?

Sample photos would be helpful. If the lighting is low when you take the photos and you aren't using the flash, then that could be a contributing factor. Also, even if you are using the flash, most cases reflect some of that flash back into the lens, resulting in excessive graying to the photos.

C

chas_m

Shots taken indoors (unless the room is very well lit) are likely to be grainy. Shots using digital zoom will look very grainy.

Basically speaking, phone cameras (all of them) are at their best taking photos outdoors, turned away from the sun or bright objects so that the subject is well-lit.

Study these photos and you'll see what I mean: 100 amazing iPhone photos | Pixiq

OP
Taylor810
Reaction score
Thank Chas. The more I looked at the grainy ones I noticed they were indoors even though the rooms and subject were well light.

C

chas_m

A human's idea of "well-lit" and a camera's idea of "well-lit" are two entirely different things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.