• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Can't capture video after upgrade to Quicktime 7 Pro

B

Bunnyspice

eeek! I just upgraded my power mac g5 to 10.3.9 and I also upgraded to Quicktime Pro 7. i did this to be able to convert my movies for playback on my ipod. BIG MISTAKE! I am NO LONGER able to capture video or to play back video in Final Cut Pro 4.5. my device control is working and i can start and stop the video camera with it. however, i cannot see the video on my monitor or capture video at all. fcp is not reading any camera and when i open the program, it doesn't even give me the dialogue box saying my camera is missing. but the device control works?? very weird.

i have been surfing around and it seems there are compatability problems. one person recommended unplugging all my drives and reinstalling Quicktime 7 as a solution? also, it was suggested i go back to quicktime 6.5.2. for some reason, i cannot do this as it says my hard disks are not acceptable for this installation (why???). PLEASE HELP ME! i am in the middle of an editing project that is LATE and i cannot capture video at the moment because of these upgrades! everything was FINE until i did them.

please please help!

thanks,
eva

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.