Mac OSX 10.4 Blue Screen

Reaction score
Having problems with our iMac that we've had for several years. Yesterday, my son was using it and then he said it just froze up. Unplugged it and turned it off and back on again and saw at first a grey screen with the wheel spinning around and usually after that it would go to the login screen but instead it went to a light blue screen. Luckily, I am able to go into safe mode fine but from there I am not sure what else to do to fix this. I did try the Repair Disk in the Utilities section and it did find some stuff there that was fixed, but then I tried to restart it and still has a light blue screen Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

First zap the PRAM, holding down Command, Option P and R keys all together immediately after the chime and keep held down until chime sounds for the third time and release. Next reset SMC by unplugging from mains, leave for a few minutes, re-connect and boot.

If still no joy can you boot from the OS X.4 Tiger install DVD? If so try Repair Disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I have had the same issue with tiger before, try repairing disk permissions if that doesn't work then restore the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.