Removing DVD drive-other things affected?

Reaction score
Hi, I know it's weird but i want to take my dvd drive out of my white macbook (early 2009) and i want to know if other computer functions will be affected. I heard something about bluetooth being connected to the drive or something?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, follow-up question. i saw that the fixit article you gave was for a unibody. i don't think that's what i've got. my trackpad and clicker are separate and i don't know much about comps but i think i remember someone saying that the unibody's trackpad and clicker were all one piece. is that right?

oh, and also if i don't replace the drive, everything'll still be ok as far as other functions?

Reaction score
I have a unibody MBP and I just removed the optical drive and nothing else on the computer has been affected.

I know you have the white model but you would still only be removing the SATA connection on the motherboard when you remove the DVD drive so I don't think anything will be affected either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.