Mount EXT3 Hard Drive

Reaction score
Im trying to mount a ext3 drive. When I connect the hard drive I get the message the hard drive is not recognised, initialise, ignore or eject.

I have installed Paragon ExtFS which seemed to be the perfect solution and its not a free application.

Im no longer getting the error message but the hard drive is not showing up in the finder. When I go into disk utility I can see the external hard drive. It shows as a 500gb hard drive instead of disk3s1, that is the name before I installed extfs

So paragon is definitely doing something, I must be doing something wrong...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have your Finder option to show external hard drives turned on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I use the Paragon ext product, no issues here.

Can you post a screen print of your disk utility window?

Reaction score
I formatted my hard drive using Gparted live and it worked fine. I started it up on my Mac Pro
and it appeared straight away on my desktop. I then plugged it into my Humax Foxsat decoder and transferred over some files. When I plugged it back into my Mac it doesn't show on desktop. When I go to disk utility it is greyed out.
It only shows up when it is empty. HELP!

Has anyone dad a successful Ext 3 file transfer to a Mac Pro.
I formatted my Hard Drive to Ext3 using Gparted Live. It worked fine.
I then connected it to my Mac and it appeared straight away on my desktop.
After disconnecting I transferred some files from my Humax Foxsat Decoder without a problem, however when I connected it back to the Mac it doesn't mount.
I opened up Disk Utility and it is greyed out.
Any Ideas what is going on...Help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.