MacBook Air USB hub & Network adapter combined, have you seen this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
This is cool:

$(KGrHqR,!qYF!-Kkc+(WBQS,kt3q2Q~~60_1.JPG

USB 2.0 3 Port Hub RJ45 Ethernet Network LAN Adapter Card | eBay

Anyone tried it or see a problem with it? Is there anything particularly clever about Apple's Network/USB adapter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Anyone tried it or see a problem with it? Is there anything particularly clever about Apple's Network/USB adapter?

This looks like no-name junk. It appears to literally have no name branding to it, which pretty much means it's highly disposable. I wouldn't buy this.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
This looks like no-name junk. It appears to literally have no name branding to it, which pretty much means it's highly disposable. I wouldn't buy this.

Yeah I get that its ebay crap and no-name, but on the other hand, it is just a USB hub? So how wrong can it go.

Also, I don't think any proper brand makes an equivalent. If Belkin did one for £15 I'd go for it, but I don't think anyone does one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yeah I get that its ebay crap and no-name, but on the other hand, it is just a USB hub? So how wrong can it go.

I'll leave that to you to find out.

Also, I don't think any proper brand makes an equivalent. If Belkin did one for £15 I'd go for it, but I don't think anyone does one

Well here's an Amazon search for you to peruse if you like. There are some others that are comparable. Maybe you'll find some reviews that make one more appealing. The top hit is that same piece you are looking at, but it has no ratings.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...=usb+hub+ethernet&ie=UTF8&qid=1365377477?tag=

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Ugh, look at this shoddy render of that iLuv one from their official product page:

icb708_3.jpg

Not only do they have 2 distinctly different looking versions of the product with no way to tell which one gets sent out, but the render shows the device going into the MagSafe port instead of the USB port.

This is the problem :p, named brands can still be clueless

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Does anyone else think it's a bit odd having a mini-cd driver disc when the MacBook Air doesn't have an optical drive and even if it had a slot-loader like other MacBooks it wouldn't accept a mini-CD...........

Yeah I think the mini-CD is because the listing/product says Windows compatible. I'm pretty sure for Mac the mini-CD can be chucked out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.