Wireless connection issue macbook pro

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have this issue with my airport on my macbook pro. If i connect to a wireless network, (it doesn't matter which type or from who ive tried several different broadband providers and ive tried using my phone as a hotspot too) but i lose the connection after maybe 20-30 mins if i am uploading or downloading a big file.

I dont why this happens but i lose all the signal bars on the airport icon at the top of my screen and it says no connection available, if i then search for my networks i will see them try to connect, it then asks me for the password even though it should have remembered it and it says connection time out, very puzzling :/

On a different issue usb tethering does not work on my phone, well sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, im using a HTC HD Desire and my internet is fine on the phone.

My macbook pro is being stubborn, can anyone help me?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Do you use various wi-fi spots throughout the day/week/month? You probably have several networks stored and it's confusing Airport as to which to connect to. Try this... Go into System Preferences>Network>Wi-Fi and click on Advanced. Remove any networks in that list and start over with the one you want to use at that moment. See if that makes any difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.