• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dude! The previous owners of my car were mac users!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac core2Duo 2.4Ghz 4GB ram
I just bought a new (to me) 1999 Saturn SL2. It was cold and rainy today and so the windows got fogged up in which time it could be seen that there used to be an apple sticker in the passenger side back window! Sweet! The previous owners were mac users, too! Anyone here happen to have owned a Blue 1999 SL2 with about 75000 miles, 5 spd, sunroof in the Madison, WI area?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lol.. thats pretty cool.. sorry i did not own that kind of car in the area.. but still cool

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
are you serious, or just being silly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
they could have just had an ipod

P

Peppered

Why do they now include with new Macs the ones that are sticky on the back? I could put it inside my window but it's be backwards.

Reaction score
Peppered said:
Why do they now include with new Macs the ones that are sticky on the back? I could put it inside my window but it's be backwards.
Apparently they are really hard to peel off if you put them on the outside but I liked the back to front look more myself.

If i ever sell my car then I'll make sure to put in the advert 'Apple user' May get a better price. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Mr Bobbins said:
Apparently they are really hard to peel off if you put them on the outside but I liked the back to front look more myself.

If i ever sell my car then I'll make sure to put in the advert 'Apple user' May get a better price. :p

Yeah, you could charge three times as much as Blue Book and say it never crashes :) :) :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ROFL
As far as the stickers go, the one I had on my old car was sticky on back and I couldn't get it off. It would be nice to be able to stick it on the inside, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Creepy... it appeared when the window got foggy, like their mac died in the backseat or something... the GHOST OF MACINTOSH IS HAUNTING YOUR CAR! Oh, well, can hardly be a bad thing, right?

Reaction score
fearlessfreap24 said:
they could have just had an ipod
This is definately true. In fact, I think that I have found that most people that put those stickers everywhere just have an iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
mynameis said:
My iPods didn't come with stickers...
The early 4th gen and older ones did.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sevenhelmet said:
Creepy... it appeared when the window got foggy, like their mac died in the backseat or something... the GHOST OF MACINTOSH IS HAUNTING YOUR CAR! Oh, well, can hardly be a bad thing, right?

I think its just like if you "write" on foggy windows. Next time that its foggy you can see where you wrote if you don't clean it right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
aeiou said:
I think its just like if you "write" on foggy windows. Next time that its foggy you can see where you wrote if you don't clean it right.

It was intended as a joke. Like when the ghost writes on the shaving mirror in the scary movie, y'know?

:spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.