Macbook Air stuck login - help!

Reaction score
I was trying to shut down some processes because my MacBook was using to much battery in short time. I accidentally shut down a wrong process which made my desktop disappear and even though it said safari wasn't open all I could see was safari. My keyboard seemed to be disabled too. So it managed to get to the log in menu, but accidentally switch to the guest account that my computer is now stuck on. I have a defect power button, so I can't restart it that way. I have tried to drain the battery and let it run to 0% but it just starts up with the same login screen as before :'( there is like a spinning wheel under the "guest account" text and I can move the cursor, the keyboard seems to work but nothing happens. I let it think all night and that didn't help either.
Anybody who might have tried something similar or knows a way to shut down/restart the MacBook without the powerbutton?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.