building an IBook from parts

N

Nicene

I can't afford a complete system, so I have decided to build a clamshell IBook from parts. What is the complete liost of parts I need? Also wehre can I buy them? I have a budget limit of $130 I want Tangerine, Lime, or Blueberry. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I don't think what you are looking to do is possible

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Check out eBay and buy one for 130$..

yeah what your trying to do is very very hard.. maybe in tower form its possible.

OP
N

Nicene

I tried to look on ebay, but they all get pushed up to prices much higher than $130. I see parts availible all the time like mobo's and memory, screens and cases, so it should be possible to build one from the seperate parts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
while its possible to build it from parts, you probably wont save any money. the screens themself are at least $100, and looking on eBay, i couldnt find one less than $130. and then youd need a case, keyboard, video card, laptop HD, sound card, motherboard, etc..

I think youd be best holding on to the $130 and saving up a few hundred more and getting a complete one.

OP
A

ancorder

I can help!

Nicene said:
I can't afford a complete system, so I have decided to build a clamshell IBook from parts. What is the complete liost of parts I need? Also wehre can I buy them? I have a budget limit of $130 I want Tangerine, Lime, or Blueberry. Can anyone help me?

Me, me, pick me! About a year ago a friend of mine dropped his ibook down the stairs and broke the case and LCD. I transferred his files to his new Powerbook, and in turn he gave me the iBook. It still worked fine, but only a fourth of the LCD was still usable. Anyway, I have the whole thing except for the AC adapter, and I've been looking for a way to get rid of it. I'm too lazy to post everything on eBay. Sorry, but $130 is definitely not going to get you very far! Email me at [email protected] and maybe we can work out a pretty good deal.:)

Andrew N. Corder

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.