sleep/wake problem recently (macbook pro mid 2012)

Reaction score
Been noticing this problem since the last month or so...basically i have my macbook as my primary computer atm - I leave it on the desk in my living room and I keep it open and have the default settings where the screen turns off after 10 mins.

When I come back to wake it up, I push on the keypad (i use a wireless logitech mouse, but i click the touchpad because when I move the mouse i have to take the receiver out and put it back in for the mouse to work) and the computer wakes up fine, but within 3 seconds of use it turns black and goes to sleep again....then few seconds later after i move some keys it wakes up again....??

whats going?

im thinking 1- its because i leave the lid open and macs aren't used to waking up so fast?
or

2. my mouse might be causing problems (the middle click buttons is also giving problems, like i have to push hard for the middle mouse to click)

or

3. steve jobs has chosen me to be the next apple CEO

thanks

and yeah its updated to latest versions

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You shouldn't have to pull out the receiver for the mouse and re-seat it. I'd say the problem is most likely related to your mouse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.