Source drive isn't recognized after moving OS to SSD with Carbon Copy Cloner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro running 10.7.5, 10 GB of RAM, 240 GB SSD hard drive
Hi,

The title doesn't give the complete picture; a drive is not showing up under Devices, but it is showing up in Disc Utility and in System Preferences>Startup Disc.

Here's the story:

My start up disc was full, so I moved my OS and everything except my really big files (i.e., photo, video and music folders) off my 1 TB HD to a 240 GB SSD.

Everything went great, except that now my computer doesn't recognize the source drive (the 1 TB drive). It doesn't show up anywhere in the Finder window. However, when I launch DiscUtility, it is there and it is mounted. I tried unmounting and remounting it, but still, it doesn't show up on that left column in Finder.

I CAN see my 2 TB backup drive under Devices though.
I can also see the 1 TB drive (aformentioned startup disc) inside MS Word when I browse the hard drive for a file.

I have a 2010 mac pro running OS 10.7.5.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my computer to recognize this drive? Thank you in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.