intel imac... games?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
I just bought the new intel 17in imac, and I am very happy with it. However, I just ran World of Warcraft and it was running very slow at 11.5fps which is much to low for the graphics card it has in it. Could this be due to the rosetta emulation? I figured that would probably be it. I ran the game on a dell laptop on a higher res with higher settings on a low end x300 graphics card and got 30-55fps.

Just curious if anyone else has anything to say about this (I realize the intel imacs are still very recent so I'm expecting some bumps performance wise here and there).

I'm not a heavy gamer but I'd like to see it perform well in the applications I run on it, (still very happy though ^.^).

Thanks

Reaction score
An intel native version of World of Warcraft is on its way, once that is out it'll run great.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
mynameis said:
An intel native version of World of Warcraft is on its way, once that is out it'll run great.

I'm glad to hear that... but what if I already shelled out $50 for this version of wow?... is there going to be a patch or something? Because it'd be ludicrous if they made us buy it AGAIN...

::cross's fingers and hopes::

Still love my imac!!!!

Thanks

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.